A recent Australian study conducted by Hall & Partners Open Mind asked what are the most important factors when it comes to financial advice?
1. That the financial adviser is independent 61%
2. That the financial adviser has specialist knowledge (e.g tax) 56%
3. That the financial adviser has relevant accreditation 52%
4. The financial advisers track record 47%
5. The cost of the advice 43%
6. Recommendations for the financial adviser 28%
7. Other 4%
As shown above the majority of respondents are looking for a knowledgeable independent adviser that can be trusted to give high quality recommendations. Make sure you look for these qualities when appointing a financial planner to look after your wealth.
Visit choosing a financial planner for more information.